Animal Appreciation Association.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings, everyone :].

2 posters

Go down

Greetings, everyone :]. Empty Greetings, everyone :].

Post  ThreeFourteen Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:36 am

Hey there,
My name is Heather and I'm the co-owner of this forum. Animals are a huge part of my life and always will be. When I was growing up I wanted to have tons and tons of pets. Primates used to be my favorite and I aspired to be a primatologist. Now that I'm adult I'm trying to do the responsible thing and only taking on a few animals that I can for sure take care of. In the future when I secure a good job and have the necessary space I'm positive I will have my own little menagerie. At the moment I have a two-year-old Colombian Black and White Tegu named Mars, two rats named Winston and Gandhi and two dogs named Mila and Lola.

About a year ago is when I first started getting really into reptiles. Since then I have handled, assisted and/or played with: Savannah monitors, Nile monitors, Black Throat monitors, Water monitors, Dumeril's Monitors, Argentine black and white tegus, Colombian black and white tegus, Argentine red tegus, Reticulated Pythons, Carpet Pythons, Ball Pythons, Water snakes and Iguanas. Monitors are my favorites, followed by tegus and Reticulated Pythons.

Currently I'm in my second year of college. Reading, writing, drawing, painting and photography are some of my main hobbies. At the moment I'm picking back up my guitar. I'm a vegetarian, humanitarian and an idealist.

This sure has been long. My apologies. I hope you all enjoy the forum and find it an enriching, fun and helpful place to visit.

ThreeFourteen
Admin

Coins. : 3

Back to top Go down

Greetings, everyone :]. Empty let's Get To Know each Other.

Post  TenaciousTegus Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:15 am

Hi I'm the other co-owner of this site. So everyone here's your chance lets start with telling everyone something about yourself (your hobbies, goals, specialties) then tell us a little about your pets or pets you hope to own one day.
I'm a college student studying journalism. I have a juvenile red tegu, Persephone; a reticulated python, Rikki Tikki; and two domestic short hair cats, Caesar and Wednesday. I hope to one day own a Quince monitor, a Boa of some sort (they're all gorgeous), a blue tegu, and a Serval (which is a cat not a reptile)... oh and an Egyptian mau .
I hope to become a writer, but I am first and foremost a reptile hobbyist
alien
TenaciousTegus
TenaciousTegus
Admin

Coins. : 7

http://www.myspace.com/homieq

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum